School is here!! How did it get here SO fast?!! I have so many mixed emotions right now. This is my last year of school y’all. Grade 12. I’ve decided to really change it up this year by attending a totally new school, and taking a specialty course – Culinary Arts. Nervousness and excitement, all mixed together here.
I want to take some time to show you around my locker. Not literally, since I haven’t even seen my locker yet. Instead, I’ll be showing you the pile of things that will soon make their way into my locker. I’m really excited about a few items in particular. I got a bunch of Culinary Arts supplies – hair nets, non-slip kitchen shoes, instant read thermometer etc…I think you can imagine how those items all look, so I won’t bother showing you pictures. Here are the real-deal items. 😉
1) A beautifully blue binder – I love the color of this binder!! It can just barely squeeze into my backpack – I’d say it’s worth it. My school supply list told me to get a gigantic one, so that’s what I did.
2) Here, we have my new favorite pens!! These are the BEST pens that I have ever come across – TRULY! They are sort of like markers…really fine tipped, and they DON’T LEAK!! They’re not ballpoint pens, but I love them!! They are also PERFECT for those adult coloring books with really fine detail!
3) Next, we have a pretty little lunch bag!! I love the flowers on it. I really like simple floral designs – whether it be T-shirts or…lunch bags! It’s lined with a material that keeps your food cold or hot, depending on the temperature that your food was when you put it into the lunch bag. Self-explanatory. 🙂 ALSO…my Takenaka Bento Box fits into it perfectly, still leaving room for an apple and water bottle!!
4) And here is the Takenaka Bento Box! Yes, absolutely yes!! This is one of my favorite purchases yet!! It’s a little bit more expensive than your normal lunch box…hoping it will last me for years to come. 😉 It comes with a spoon/fork (spork), a plate that holds the spork, a soft band that holds the box tightly together (love the orange!)…
…There are two compartments – one has a divider. The bottom compartment is a bit smaller, perfect for dessert, salad toppings, or even…JELLO!! Yes, you could make jello in. this. compartment!! Of course…I haven’t done this…not promising that it won’t be stained pink. 🙂 In short, this Takenaka lunch box it wonderful!!
5) Okay, so this next item will probably be on my feet more than in my locker. TOM’s shoes!! These are my favorite shoes! One of the great things about TOM’s shoes is how, for every pair of shoes you get, one pair of shoes is sent to a child in need. Love this!
6) Last, but not least, the Pelican Herschel Supply Co. backpack! This is where all the above will be stuffed. I love the simplicity of this backpack. It’s one solid color, something that will work with anything! Yes, yes, yes!
Okay, so that’s it for my list. There’s a whole lot more, but these six items are the most exciting, in my opinion. 🙂 While putting all my things together this afternoon, Murphy sat by my feet. Oh, I’m gonna miss seeing this puppy 24/7!! Okay, so it’ll be a tad nice, but I’m sure I’ll miss him lots…I think he’ll miss me too.
Okay, finishing off this post – there is a big announcement!! Since I’ll be taking a Culinary Arts course, I’m hoping to learn quite a few new and exciting tips and tricks around the kitchen! I want to share these tips and tricks will you! So, starting next week, a new series, called something like Culinary Arts 101, will take flight on THIS website!! I’m SO excited!! I’d love to have you join me! Also, I’ll be working hard to create a schedule for myself, so my posts are more frequent/planned. Thank you for all your patience!! 🙂