I’m SO excited to share this new recipe with you guys!!! This one’s taken awhile to post. It’s been on my mind all week. Lots and lots of trial and error. It’s a simple recipe, but getting it all together took more time than expected. 🙂 So nice to have it completed! Okay, here we go!
Putting the popsicles together – simply one tablespoon at a time!
Top them all off with a fresh (or frozen) berry, and sprinkle on the hemp seeds. 😀 Voila! Stick ’em in the freezer and (this next step is hard, but crucial) wait just a few hours. 2 hours does it for me! My freezer will be different than your freezer though, so it could take less time for you! Or, it could take longer. 😉
Favorite things about this particular recipe:
1) Small, sweet, cold, healthy meets summer, hot weather and days in the sun!
2) The smallness of these treats! I love anything mini! Adding to the cuteness – I used mini popsicle sticks for this recipe! I think they worked wonderfully, but feel free to use long ones if you’d like. No problem! I didn’t have the long kind on hand…that’s actually the main reason why I decided to use the mini ones. 🙂
3) They ingredients! Hemp seeds are a super food, and I love how they pair with the sweet strawberry flavor in this recipe! I’m also a huge fan of Greek yogurt – the richness and creaminess, yes please! 😀 And, yep, I did add some more cream to this recipe (for that extra delish). Hey, these yogurt popsicles are only 32 calories each!! Yippee!!! Throw some hemp seeds in the air like confetti!
My only advice to you all – have fun with this recipe! You don’t have to follow it to the exact drop of strawberry puree. Try it with different yogurt flavors, different fruits. It’s a very versatile recipe! I’d love to here your variations!
Don’t like hemp seeds? Leave them out! Like more hemp seeds? Add more! Open up and have fun with the ingredients that you find in your kitchen!
It’s hot over on this side of the planet, stay cool wherever you are! 😉
Any recipe recommendations? I’m all ears!
- You'll need 26 popsicle sticks (I used mini ones)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Liberte Vanilla Greek 9%)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp raw honey (or to taste)
- 2 tsp raw shelled hemp seeds
- fresh or frozen blueberries and strawberries to top
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Whip the cream till stiffened. You can see pictures above. (I used this)
- Add the yogurt to the whipped cream. Blend together.
- Add the honey to the mixture and blend again.
- In a separate bowl, blend the strawberries till pureed (thaw strawberries first if you're using frozen).
- Add the strawberry puree to the yogurt mixture.
- Blend together well.
- Pour mixture onto your pan - one tablespoon per popsicle. Make sure to leave room between them.
- Place a popsicle stick into each of them, then sprinkle on the hemp seeds and add blueberries and strawberries to your liking.
- Stick them in the freezer for 2 hours or until solid.
After popsicles have hardened in the freezer (roughly 2 hours) I would suggest transfering them to an airtight container between parchment or wax paper (still keeping them in the freezer). This will keep them fresh longer.
Sadly, these popsicles do melt if left in the open. 🙂 Stick them back into the freezer once done serving.
These are an excellent healthy option that you can easily whip out of the freezer for a quick, cold treat on a hot summer's day.