It’s getting close to that time of year again! Cooler weather, the first snowfall, wearing cozy sweaters and sipping hot chocolate in front of a toasty warm wood stove…I am getting REALLY excited!!
In honor of the upcoming season…I am more than happy to introduce you to this ultra- ultra-simple, soft and fluffy cinnamon bun recipe!! The whole deal people – cinnamon and brown sugar swirl, along with an irrestistable cream cheese glaze. Oh, my! Yeeesss! They take an hour or less to make, and the smell of your house while they’re baking – too good!
Please, please try them – you will regret not…unless you eat 20 like I did. :p They are just a tad addicting. Warm, soft, sweet, cinnamon goodness!
One of my favorite things about THIS particular recipe, is the fact that it takes no more than an hour to make – start to finish! (Just had to repeat that important fact!) They are super portable – easy grab and go cinnamon buns!! Delish!! Company is coming over? These will be an amazing and welcoming treat!! And like I said before, they leave your house smelling like…wow!
- 1¼ cup warm water
- 2 packages dry yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar, mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 cup icing sugar
- dash of vanilla
- Lightly grease to muffins tins, and set aside.
- Mix together the warm water, salt and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the dry yeast, and stir till dissolved. Add the remaining dough ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the filling ingredients.
- Once filling ingredients are mixted together, fold into the cinnamon bun dough to create a swirl affect.
- Scoop by large spoonful into muffins tins. Filling each cup about half way.
- Cover with a light dish towel or plastic bag and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Bake cinnamon buns for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- While they're baking, make the topping and the icing.
- Melt the butter in one bowl, In another bowl, stir together the 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the milk, icing sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. This icing should be runnier so it's easier to pour.
- Once the cinnamon buns are done baking, Coat each of them with butter, and roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Once they are all coated, top them off with some cream cheese glaze.
- Serve warm.