Okay, this is IT! This is THE chocolate chip cookie recipe that I’ve been eagerly waiting to share with you all!! Part of me feels “ahhh!” labeling these as “the BEST” but they really, truly ARE my favorite chocolate chip cookies out there, and I’ve tried more than one recipe, believe me! Chocolate chip cookies = classic deliciousness! And I’m a fan of classic deliciousness!
So is my dog, apparently. 😀 Don’t ya worry none, he found the beaters AFTER I mixed the batter together. Also, I didn’t let him lick them clean. But, before I shoved him away, I HAD to get a picture!! Every food blogger (that owns a dog) needs to get a picture of their fuzzy co-worker “helping out” in the kitchen, right? 😉 I think so.
So, what makes a chocolate chip cookie the BEST chocolate chip cookie? Good question! I’d say it’s up to you! It’s all about personal preference. For me, the BEST chocolate chip cookie looks like this:
- Soft + Chewy (not hard and crunchy)
- Full of chocolate chips!! 😛 (I really like chocolate!)
- Not puffy, but not as flat as a pancake either. Somewhere in between. 😀
I can put a check mark beside each of these preferences, because these cookies qualify 100%! I think that’s probably why they’re my favorite.
All that being said, I can’t take full credit for this recipe. It was created before I was born – handed down from one generation to the next, sort of thing. I decided to look into it a bit, just to see if I could figure out who the genius is behind this fantastic recipe. Nothing really came up. I was introduced to these cookies by my auntie, who got the recipe from my Oma (grandma) who got it from her niece…and so on. 🙂 So, whoever you are (you who created this recipe), wherever you are, you’re AMAZING! 😀
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda (dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (OR 2 cups for extra YUM)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line two or three large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs, vanilla and dissolved baking soda. Mix till just combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the batter, and mix until combined.
- Scoop onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets by rounded tablespoon (or use a medium sized cookie scoop)
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until getting a little golden around the edges.
- Let cool on pans for 15 minutes before serving.