I don’t eat pasta salad very often, but when I do (on those rare occasions) I really enjoy it!! Pasta salad is unique and…kind of interesting. I don’t know who came up with the idea, but thumbs up to whoever it was! 🙂 Pasta salads remind me of summer – picnics at the park, family gatherings and church potlucks. All good things. I figured it was about time to tackle my own version of this delicious dish!
One of my favorite things about pasta salads is the wide variety they come in! Today, I was in the mood for (aka. had these ingredients on hand) a pepperoni, cheese, tomato, cucumber (to add a little crunch) lightly sweetened pasta salad. I am VERY excited with how this recipe turned out!
- 4 cups noodles, boiled
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni sticks, bite sized pieces
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 2 cups diced cherry tomatoes, cut in half the long way
- 2 cups marble cheese, cubed
- ½ cup Catalina dressing
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fill large pot halfway with water. Turn on heat to high and wait till water boils.
- Once water is boiling, add the noodles. Stir occasionally as they boil.
- Take off heat once the noodles reach al dante.
- Run cold water over them until cool to the touch, then drain and place into serving bowl.
- Add the remaining sliced, diced and cubed ingredients. Stir together well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.